Skip to content

Invitation to Virtual Job Fair Jan 16

January 12, 2012
Virtual Job Fair

What is a Virtual Job Fair?
 I like to think of it as an online job search clinic – a place for job seekers and recruiters to come together to network, learn from each other, post jobs or source candidates.

It’s kind of like a Twitter chat that lasts all day and is on Facebook instead!

The event is taking place on January 16, 2012 from 8 AM to 8 PM EST (5-5 PST) It’s a completely FREE event hosted by ResumeSmith and Karla Campos of Gig Logo – A Guest Blogging Community.

Why should you attend?

JOB SEEKERS: Get together with other job seekers, collaborate about job search strategy, get some free  job search tips, and ask a Recruiter about how to work with staffing agencies.  Maybe even get some job leads, or new connections that could lead to leads.

EMPLOYERS: Promote your employer brand, post your  jobs, connect with candidates, and participate in some corporate social philanthropy.

CAREERS PROFESSIONALS: You are invited to stop in and share your expertise on job search strategy, resume writing, cover letters, the application process, and interview tips.  If you would like to be a featured expert, please comment below or on the event wall and Karla or I will be in touch with you.

How to Attend:

On the date of the event, return to the event page and participate in the conversation on the event wall.

You may post:

• Job postings
  • Questions and answers about job postings
  • Questions and answers about resumes
  • Questions and answers about the application and selection processes
  • Questions and answers about job search strategy
  • Interview questions
  • Postings about job positions you seek
  • Location where you seek employment

You may NOT post:

• Personal information like address and phone numbers, as the event is visible to the public.  Job seekers should respond to job postings through the company’s regular application process.
  • Sales, spam or other commercial information.  The event organizers will remove commercial content that has no value for the participants.

If you have any questions or concerns you may post them directly on the event page wall at: Virtual Job Fair

8 Comments leave one →
  1. Cachet B. Prescott permalink
    January 12, 2012 8:52 PM

Hello Ms. Harp. This virtual job fair is an excellent idea, and I look forward to participating. I’m interested in possibly being a featured expert but would love to get more details about exactly what it entails to see if I would qualify. Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

2. January 13, 2012 5:00 AM

This event is so exciting and I can’t wait! I am glad that you will be sharing your expertise with job seekers and aid them in accomplishing their goal of being employed.

3. January 13, 2012 1:08 PM

Hi Karleen,

I never attended a Virtual Job Fair. This seems awesome! There are so many great possibilities online. I like to learn about these new ways we can use the Internet to help people gather for such interesting events! This really looks like fun!

Nathalie

4. January 13, 2012 3:31 PM

Absolutely fantastic idea! My partner and I will be there, probably in shifts. Is there any problem with us providing an email to applicants in comments on the FB page?

• January 14, 2012 7:47 AM

Doc, I would advise against it. However, it would be fine for you to post your LinkedIn address to invite connections there.

5. January 15, 2012 1:29 PM

Terrific information! Going to check it out ~ are there any Direct Selling companies involved? Brilliant way to offer the opportunity in a virtual atmosphere!

• January 15, 2012 7:16 PM

As this is a strictly community service project, we are not allowing any posts that appear to be advertising the sale of products or services. So, if your direct sales opportunities require an initial investment or “buy-in,” we prefer that you not post them (in fact we will remove them if you do). On the other hand, if you have bona-fide employment opportunities in sales, then please do post them!

We realize that direct sales is a legitimate and fulfilling career for many people. In that regard, I invite you to attend and offer to share your insights about what that career path is like, the pros and cons, etc. I hope this makes sense.

Trackbacks

1. Kansas City Job Search/Networking Events for Week of January 16 « KC Job Seekers Blog